The activities of SQABD are outlined below:
- Create a pool of a balanced mixture of software development practitioners so that they are easily accessible for discussion, collaboration and providing solution.
- Training will be carried out at three levels.
- Software Companies
- Training criteria
- Training will be conducted as workshops.
- Training will be specialized on limited content.
- Training will have a practitioner's approach so that Trainees can implement the practices.
- Trainees need to influence change in the industry from academia to the software houses to the customers.
- Issues faced by Trainees during implementation will be resolved through the user group mailing list or face to face discussions.
- Expose the sources of effective software development related material.
- Create a culture of R&D.
- Progress needs to be measured at regular intervals.
- Maintain a list of companies that follow effective software development practices, and monitor the growth.
- Increase awareness with seminars and roundtables.
- All activities are well planned, managed and organized.
- All major activities are recorded, documented and archived.